Meyer Lemon-Tequila Catfish Ceviche
This new twist on the classic Peruvian marinated fish recipe, showcases the fresh and mild flavor of our catfish fillets. Meyer lemons are seasonal, so substitute ½ cup each fresh squeezed orange juice and lemon juice, if not available. Reposado tequila has been aged in oak barrels and lends a pleasant smokiness to this dish.
- 1 ½ pounds Harvest Select catfish fillets, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 1 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (or ½ cup each fresh squeezed orange juice and lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup Reposado tequila
- 1 to 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro Tortilla chips
Garnish: Meyer lemon or lime wedges, cilantro sprigs, jalapeño slices
Combine first 9 ingredients (fish through cilantro). Cover and chill 3 to 4 hours or until fish is opaque and firm. Serve with chips; garnish, if desired. Makes 4 servings.