Grilled Catfish & Summer Vegetables with Pimento-Basil Aioli
Aïoli is the classic garlic mayonnaise sauce from Southern France. Our deep South version adds pimento and fresh basil which perfectly accompanies the grilled catfish and vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (7-8 ounce) Harvest Select catfish fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) bag mini sweet peppers
- 1 pound whole okra
- 1 pound summer squash (zucchini and yellow squash), sliced in (¼ inch thick) slices
- Pimento-Basil Aïoli
- Garnish: basil leaves and lemon wedges
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400-450 degrees).
Combine basil, ½ tablespoon garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Brush over both sides of fish fillets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine peppers, okra, squash, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl; toss well to combine. Grill catfish on oiled racks or in a grilling basket 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake. Grill vegetables 1 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with Aïoli and garnish. Makes 4 servings.