Greek-Style Grilled Catfish Gyro
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 (8-inch) flatbread or pita
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 heart of romaine, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
Heat a grill pan over high heat.
Toss together first 6 ingredients. Grill in hot grill pan 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; set aside and keep warm. Lightly grill flatbread. Divide catfish evenly among flatbread; top with tomato, lettuce, onion, and Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.