Baked Catfish with Spinach & Feta Crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (Greek feta preferably)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (7-8 ounce) Harvest Select catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon wedges
Heat olive and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes until lightly toasted; add spinach. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly. Add egg, ½ cup breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons dill, salt and pepper.
Arrange catfish fillets on a foiled lined and greased sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each fillet evenly with spinach mixture. Combine remaining ½ cup breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons fresh dill and butter; sprinkle over fish. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
For make-ahead: Prepare the spinach topping up to 2 days ahead of time. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.