Catfish Thai Coconut Soup
Kaffir lime leaves lend a delicious floral lime flavor to this soup and can be found in Asian grocery stores or purchased online.
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger root, thinly sliced
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 whole Thai red chilies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 (6-ounce) Harvest Select catfish fillets
- Hot Cooked Basmati rice
- Garnish: cilantro leaves and thinly sliced green onions
Combine first 7 ingredients large skillet. Bring to a gentle boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove ginger and leaves with a slotted spoon; discard. Stir in lime juice. Add fish; cover and return to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until fish is done (just begins to flake). Spoon a mound of rice into center of 4 shallow soup bowls; top with fish fillets. Ladle soup over fish and garnish. Makes 4 servings.